I look forward to sharing my travel knowledge and experience with you at SureFooted Travel!
Several of you have let me know that you are planning a trip to one of my favorite destinations – Alaska!
We’ve done three Alaskan cruises (two included land-based cruisetours) and are planning a return trip. So I’ll be starting with helpful Alaskan cruise advice.
What you’ll find at SureFooted Travel
- Alaskan cruise advice – I have lots to share!
- inspiration for fun, educational, scenic, and active trips
- admittedly, our trips are pretty tame – comfy accommodations, planned itineraries, sightseeing, hiking, wine tastings, antique stores, art galleries, etc., with nightlife at a casino or Irish pub
- how I maximize value and vacation days
- getting your animal fix on a trip when traveling without your pets
- which splurges I recommend to include in your travel budget
What you won’t find (AKA please-move-along, nothing-to-see-here, folks)
- extended travel – due to our jobs and our pets, two-week trips are our max these days
- adrenaline-pumping adventure travel – no, never, don’t make me think about it (see why I’m calling this SureFooted Travel)
- unplanned trips – not knowing where we’ll sleep tonight = (shudder!)
- icky places – B&B’s with shiny floral bedspreads; nightclubs; hot tubs (People Soup? No, no thank you.)
Future trips in the planning stages
- return to Alaska (cruise) – lots still to see: more glaciers, salmon run (with bears?!), Seward
- Las Vegas – love that Irish pub in the New York, New York casino
- British Isles (cruise) – to celebrate our upcoming 25th anniversary
- all 50 states
- Glacier National Park (Montana) (not to be confused with Alaska’s Glacier Bay National Park)
- New Zealand
2018 – Las Vegas
2017 – Niagara Falls
2016 – Alaska (cruisetour departing from Vancouver)
2015 – Bahamas (cruise), Bermuda (cruise), Las Vegas
2014 – Alaska (cruise departing from Seattle)
2013 – Riviera Maya (all-inclusive)
2012 – Orlando (Harry Potter!), New England/Canada (cruise)
2011 – Southern Caribbean (cruise)
2010 and prior – Alaska (cruisetour departing from Vancouver), Las Vegas, Florida Keys (Key West to Key Largo road trip in a rented convertible), Western Caribbean (cruise), Ireland, Nashville (graduate school)
Bradenton, FL (2-4 trips per year)
Conferences (brief sightseeing):
Phoenix, Charleston, Dallas, San Francisco, San Diego, Washington, D.C.
Chadds Ford & Kennett Square, Hocking Hills, Dayton, Philly & Lambertville, Toronto, Bedford, Nemacolin, Niagara Falls & Niagara-on-the-Lake